“Personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer which can be used to identify the customer from (a) that data; or (b) that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access to.
Some examples of Personal Data include, but are not limited to, the following:
- mailing address(es);
- telephone number(s);
- email address(es);
- date of birth
- marketing preferences;
- answers that you provide to security questions (e.g. mother’s maiden name, pet’s name, model of your first car);
- payment information and transaction details;
- aggregated site statistics data; and
- any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our Shiki SG site.
Your Personal Data is collected when you:
- Visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser or register a user account with our website;
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit a CV, job application, or any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your Personal Data will be used for the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- Where such disclosure is required for the performance of obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
Opting-out/ Withdrawal of Consent/ Retention of Data
Your consent that is provided for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you would like to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purposes listed in the above clauses under the heading of Personal Data above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Please note that we require a reasonable time to process your request to withdraw your consent as well as to notify you of the consequences of us agreeing to your request. We seek to process your request within 14 business days upon receipt of your request.
Depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may unfortunately be unable to continue providing our goods or services to you and we will seek to notify you of such before completing the processing of your request.
Please also note that your withdrawal of consent does not affect our rights to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You may review and correct your personal data by signing into your user account and selecting 'Update Profile' or equivalent, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party.
Please allow 14 working days for your request to be processed.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information and process it securely. Such measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardized industry practices. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website.
Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data may be retained by us for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted under applicable law.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Links to Third Party Websites
All other questions on our use of your personal data should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, whom you may contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of: 16 September 2020