Japanese Premium Shio Konbu, Salted Kelp 33g
Shio Konbu Salted Kelp – The secret weapon in all cold pasta recipes, the umami bomb in fried rice dishes, the flavour enhancer in all sauces. Shio Konbu, or what we like to call our secret salt. This 33g bag of goodness contains salt, preserved Japanese kelp lightly shredded to strips. The Kelp is boiled in a special broth or premium soy sauce, mirin and sugar. It is then left to dry and age under the sun. Shio Konbu is extremely addictive and ~Oh So~ easy to use.
Just put it into any sauce you are making or sprinkle on top of a dish like you do with salt to enjoy a burst of umami.
- Taste: Intense savory and sweetness, with a slight hit of the Sea
- Texture: dry and slightly chewy
- Colour: Black with white salt
- Weight: 33g
Best Eaten with:
- Pasta Pasta Pasta
- Soba, Somen, Rice bowls or dons
- Sprinkled on top of any dish or into any sauce as a savory element
- Keep in the fridge chilled with lid closed when not in use
- Keep until expiry date listed on bottle
- Do Not Freeze or keep as frozen