Sashimi Grade Tuna Akami Block, Tuna Red Meat – Flash Frozen (300-400g)
Akami Tuna Facts
Our top grade tuna sashimi caught off the seas of Hokkaido and Genkai are truly one of the best things Japan has to offer.
Freshly caught melt-in-your-mouth Akami has a deep rich red colour with a firm texture. Our Akami is Senaka Akami (highest quality Akami) from the top mid section of the Tuna, it is not as fatty as a Chu-toro or O-toro, but prides in its clean and smooth deep sea flavour.
Our Tuna is Sashimi Grade and IQF, it is safe to be eaten raw, half cooked or fully cooked!
- Texture: Firm, melt in your mouth
- Taste: Sweet
- Colour: Deep red
- Weight: >400-500g
- Sashimi grade
- Recommended: Sashimi to be consumed within 3 days
Akami Tuna is best eaten with/as:
- Sushi, Rolls, Maki
- Kaisen Don
To Defrost / To Store
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze Tobiko after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.