Sashimi Grade Tsubugai, De-Shelled Kyushu Whelk – Frozen (100g)
Tsubugai commonly known as whelk or Turban shell is a native species found commonly in the southern Kyushu waters, they are very often eaten raw on sushi for its sweetness or grilled on the fire during winter. Its meat is crisp and has an extremely unique texture, those who love the crunchy texture of shelled fish would love Tsubugai!
Our Tsubugai is skillfully De-shelled by our fish experts in Fukuoka, Kyushu and packed neatly before being flash frozen for freshness.
Each Tsubugai is already prepped carefully so it is ready for consumption both for sushi and sashimi!
- Quantity: Good for 4-5 pax in Chirashi or Sushi
- Texture: Crunchy and smooth
- Taste: Sweet and slightly savory
- Colour: Translucent pink
- Weight: 100-150g
- Recommended: To be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Sushi with Japanese rice
- Sashimi with Soy and wasabi
- Chira shi don, sliced into smaller pieces
- Lightly seared (For those who prefer cooked)
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Kyushu Product 👍