Sashimi Grade Japanese Nama Hotaru Ika, Raw Firefly Squid – Frozen (100g)
Firefly squid of Hotaru ika are one of the most well known squids in the Japanese culinary world. They can be found in appetizers, mains, soups and stews! They are full of umami and bursting with flavor. Firefly squids can be eaten Raw as well as they are processed and packed in Japan for Sashimi use.
Our Hotaru ika is cleaned and packed neatly before being flash frozen for freshness.
Each Hotaru ika is packed individually so it is ready for consumption both for sushi and sashimi!
- Quantity: Good for 4-5 pax for Sushi or Sashimi
- Texture: Crisp and light
- Taste: Sweet and slightly savory
- Colour: Translucent White
- Weight: 100-150g
- Recommended: To be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Sushi with Japanese rice
- Sashimi with Soy and wasabi
- Chirashi don, sliced into smaller pieces
- Lightly seared (For those who prefer cooked)
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Kyushu Product 👍