Sashimi Grade Kohada Fillet (Gizzard Shad) – Frozen 100g
コハダ 切り身 お刺身用
Kohada (Hikarimono/Silver skinned fish) is one of the most used fishes at in the sushi world, and the most prominent of silver skinned fish. Its beautiful appearance as well as sparkling fat gives it a delicious flavour which makes it a staple in any Sushi Restaurant.
Our Kohada is skillfully sliced and fillet-ed by our fish experts in Fukuoka, Kyushu and packed neatly before being flash frozen for freshness.
Each Kohada is already sliced and de-boned carefully so it is ready for consumption!
- Quantity: Good for 4-5 pax for Sashimi or Sushi
- Texture: Fatty, Soft and melt in your mouth
- Taste: Sweet and slightly savory
- Colour: Silver with iconic dots
- Weight: 100-150g
- Recommended: T0 be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Sushi with Japanese rice
- Sashimi with Soy and wasabi
- Chirashi don, sliced into smaller pieces
- Lightly seared (For those who prefer cooked)
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Kyushu Product 👍