Sashimi Grade Japanese Shime Saba (Vinegar-ed Japanese Mackerel) – Frozen 140g *Home Chef Level Product*
Shime Saba also known as Marinated Saba fillet in Vinegar is an extremely common and popular dish eaten throughout Japan. Saba is mostly caught of the southern coasts of Japan. In the past when cold chain and refridgeration were not commonplace, fishermen and chefs used to vinegar and age fishes such as saba so that they could be kept longer. Little did they know, adding vinegar to a fatty fish like Saba would further elevate its flavor to the next level.
How does the Saba taste?
Shime Saba is fatty and extremely delicious, it has a slight sweet vinegar flavour and natural saltiness from the saba fish itself.
All you need to do is defrost, remove skin and Slice! The skin of the saba is already loose and can be easily removed if preferred before slicing and eating.
Our Saba are all Individual Quick Frozen (IQF) to ensure that ice crystals do not form within the flesh of the fish thus retaining the quality and the texture of the flesh. This procedure is amongst the best of techniques in freezing foods and ensures quality that is unmistakable from its fresh counterpart
- Quantity: Good for 3-4 pax for Sashimi or Sushi
- Texture: Soft and melt in your mouth
- Taste: Sweet, salty and slightly sour
- Colour: Silver one side and translucent white on the other
- Weight: 140g
- Recommended: To be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi.
To Defrost / To Store
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our fish will always be of top grade and quality is controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Japanese Product 👍
For wholesale inquiries, private dining and other questions, kindly contact us directly at Contact@shiki.sg