Sashimi Grade Japanese Komochi Ika, Spear Squid filled with eggs – Frozen 500g
One of the top appetizers and must have dishes for your sushi lunch or dinner party, this item will get people talking with its delicious taste and amazing texture.
Komochi Ika is squid that is caught at just the right time when they have eggs in them. The eggs give the squid a whole next level in texture and taste. The outside of the squid is silky smooth and melts in your mouth, while the inside is crunchy with pops of flavour from the eggs.
Each squid is carefully chosen and individually cleaned. Their eyes and beaks are removed, skin peeled and de-beaked. The Ika is then lightly marinated and IQF frozen to maintain its freshness. We recommend to cut it sashimi style for best results!
- Texture: Creamy soft on the outside and crunchy on the inside;
- Size: 500g, about 12 pcs;
- Taste: salty, with a nice squid aftertaste; and
- Colour: Pearly White on the outside and bright yellow on the inside.
Ika Ichiyaboshi is best eaten
- with sushi rice;
- as part of a Kaisen Don; and/or
- by itself!
To Defrost / To Store
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours; OR
- Leave under running water for 30min;
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed sashimi Product 👍