Sashimi Grade Hokkigai, Giant Surf Clams – Frozen (1kg)
Hokkigai, also known throughout the world as Surf Clams are the most well know large clam in the Japanese cuisine. It is used in many dishes but always in sushi and sashimi, Surf clams are harvested throughout the world and processed onboard ships because being sent to you.
Surf clams are unique in flavour and mild in aroma, the texture is both beautiful cooked and raw. This is a favorite amongst sushi lovers !!
Our Hokkigai is skillfully Cleaned, De-shelled by our fish experts in Fukuoka, Kyushu and packed neatly before being flash frozen for freshness.
Each Hokkigai is already prepped carefully so it is ready for consumption both for sushi and sashimi!
- Quantity: Good for a Chirashi or Sushi party
- Texture: Crunchy and smooth
- Taste: Sweet and slightly savory
- Colour: Red to pink to white
- Quantity: 1kg
- Recommended: To be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi. also good poached/seared in butter
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Sushi with Japanese rice
- Sashimi with Soy and wasabi
- Chirashi don, sliced into smaller pieces
- Lightly seared (For those who prefer cooked)
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Don’t wait, buy it now! Guaranteed Sashimi Product 👍