Sashimi Grade Akagai (Sashimi Grade De-Shelled Ark Shell Bloody Clams, 赤貝) – Frozen (20pc)
赤貝, あかがい, アカガイ
Akagai, also known as Bloody clams are names as such because of the reddish water it releases when chefs pry them open. Arks shells are available all year round and are used in almost every Japanese omakase where possible. The shells come from Korea and China mainly but there are times when there are small batches from Japan.
The Texture of the ark shell is very special ! It is tender yet has a nice gently crunch to it, it has a light and sweet shellfish flavour. This is a favorite amongst sushi lovers !!
Our Akagai is skillfully Cleanes, De-shelled by our fish experts in Fukuoka, Kyushu and packed neatly before being flash frozen for freshness.
Each Akagai is already prepped carefully so it is ready for consumption both for sushi and sashimi!
- Quantity: Good for 4-5 pax in Chirashi or Sushi
- Texture: Crunchy and smooth
- Taste: Sweet and slightly savory
- Colour: Reddish Darky pink
- Quantity: 20pcs
- Recommended: To be put in a chirashi, lightly seared or to make Sushi.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Sushi with Japanese rice
- Sashimi with Soy and wasabi
- Chira shi don, sliced into smaller pieces
- Lightly seared (For those who prefer cooked)
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Don’t wait, buy it now! Guaranteed Sashimi Product 👍