Japanese Hotate Scallop Facts
Our live Hokkaido scallops are the finest Japan has to offer. They are hand picked from Hokkaido’s seas where the water is freezing cold and rich in nutrients. Freshly caught Hokkaido scallops are extremely sweet and melt in your mouth.
- Texture: firm, but melts in your mouth ;
- Taste: sweet and succulent;
- Colour: translucent white;
- Weight: ~1kg per order (200g to 300g per scallop); and
- Recommended: BBQ or sashimi to be consumed within 3 days.
Hotate Scallops are best eaten with/as:
- sushi, rolls, maki;
- chirashi don;
- on the BBQ;
- grilled; and/or
- lightly seared.
.For wholesale inquiries, private dining and other questions, kindly contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly pick a delivery date for your pre-ordered air-flown items. Air-flown items are flown in twice a week, every Tuesday & Friday. (Air flight dates are subject to changes, please see our banner on the top of the page for updates).