“Live” Abalone (Awabi) Facts
Kyushu is famous for their sweet abalone that live of its rich coasts. Freshly caught and farmed Japanese abalone off the coast of Kyushu are extremely sweet and melt in your mouth. Best eaten as sashimi, on the grill or on the BBQ.
- texture: Firm and buttery;
- taste: Sweet with body;
- colour: Whitish Beige; and
- weight: ~1.2-1.5kg (100g to 300g per abalone).
“Live” abalone (awabi) is best eaten as/with:
- sushi, rolls, maki;
- chirashi don;
- grilled with salt and pepper;
- lightly seared with butter; and
- in soups and rich broths.
For wholesale inquiries, private dining and other questions, kindly contact us directly at email@example.com.
*Best consumed within 1-2 days of delivery.
Kindly pick a delivery date for your pre-ordered air-flown items. Air-flown items are flown in twice a week, every Tuesday & Friday. (Air flight dates are subject to changes, please see our banner on the top of the page for updates).