Japanese Shio Saba for grilling (Salted Japanese Mackerel) – Frozen 200g
干し 塩さば 冷凍
Shio Saba also known as Salt Marinated Saba fillet is an extremely common and popular dish eaten throughout Japan. Saba is mostly caught of the southern coasts of Japan. In the past when cold chain and refrigeration was not commonplace, fishermen and chefs used to salt and age fishes such as saba so that they could be kept longer. Little did they know, adding salt to a fatty fish like Saba would further elevate its flavor to the next level.
Shio Saba is fatty and extremely delicious, it is a very oily fish so it cooks extremely well on a pan or over a fire.
All you need to do is defrost and Slice!
Our Saba are all Individual Quick Frozen (IQF) to ensure that ice crystals do not form within the flesh of the fish thus retaining the quality and the texture of the flesh. This procedure is amongst the best of techniques in freezing foods and ensures quality that is unmistakable from its fresh counterpart
- Quantity: Good for 3-4 pax for BBQ/Grill/bale
- Texture: Oilt, Soft and melt in your mouth
- Taste: Sweet, salty and slightly sour
- Colour: Silver one side and translucent white on the other
- Weight: 200g
- Recommended: To be put in on the BBQ, pan seared or oven baked.
To Defrost / To Store
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our fish will always be of top grade and quality is controlled by Shiki specialists.
For wholesale inquiries, private dining and other questions, kindly contact us directly at Contact@shiki.sg