Japanese Premium Unagi Kabayaki Fillet (220-250g) – うなぎ 蒲焼き 冷凍
Our Japanese Premium Unagi Kabayaki (220-250g) is farmed, raised and processed in Japan. The sauce and packing are all done by well known unagi specialists in Japan. Japanese Unagi tends to be fattier, more oily and firmer in texture. Because of the fat content, Japanese unagi also melts in your mouth much easier than their Chinese and Korean cousins. The marinate is lightly sweet and full of flavor, this ingredient is simple and easy to prepare and even easier to finish! our Japanese Unagi Kabayaki Fillet is already pre-grilled so all it needs is heating up and it is ready to be served!
Why is Japanese unagi so expensive?
Japanese Unagi is a global delicacy loved by everyone throughout the world. Because of this, Japanese unagi has become increasingly rare and hard to source. This results in a premium price paid for each fillet of unagi from Japanese origin. Now a days, majority of the unagi we see is Japanese processed but from Chinese and Korean sources. This unagi is also high grade and much more affordable as compared to Japanese unagi but the taste will differ ever so much when it comes to 100% bred Japanese unagi.
- Texture: Soft and melt in your mouth
- Taste: Sweet and savory and full of flavor
- Colour: Charred brown and silver on the underside
- Weight: 220-250g
- Recommended: To be put on the BBQ, pan fried, Baked or grilled.
Shiki’s Japanese Premium Unagi Kabayaki is best eaten with:
- Grilled or OvenBaked. Pan sear or even microwave!
- Paired with rice or on its own with some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Japanese Product 👍