Hon Maguro Collar – Fresh Frozen, For Grilling Or BBQ 1.5kg
Hon Maguro Kama, or also known as Japanese Blue Fin Tuna Collar, is known throughout japan to be THE best part of the Tuna for BBQs and grilling. It is extremely fatty, meaty and very juicy, the meat is full of flavour as it is close to the bone and melts in your mouth from the high fat content. The collar is full of flesh and is cut from just above the gills, below the head.
Amazing for a party of 4-5 pax
- Texture: Meaty, soft and melt in your mouth
- Taste: Savory and meaty
- Colour: Reddish to pale red
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Recommended: To be put on the BBQ, pan fried, Baked or grilled.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- Grilled or OvenBaked. Lightly salted (And Sprinkled with Lemon)
- Paired with rice or on its own with some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
To Defrost / To Store
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted.
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
Tuna Collar Cooking Steps
If you want to eat the Tuna Collar immediately on the day you receive them, place them on a dish and leave them in room temperature to defrost. If not, leave them in your fridge in our original Shiki packaging overnight and they will be ready to be cooked.
Place your Tuna collar on a baking tray and dry it thoroughly. When they are dried, season both sides with salt, pepper and if you have some lemon juice. Leave it to rest for 15-30minutes.
After resting, brush some Sake (Or cooking sake) on top of your collar for that extra burst of Umami.
Finally, re-salt the collar lightly, make sure to salt the fins to stop it from burning in the oven
Cook your Tuna Collar well
Oil your tray and pre-heat your oven. We recommend anywhere from (200-220 Degrees Celsius).
Start baking the collar flesh side up first for about 6-7 minutes to cook the collar, then at this point of time, take the collar out of the oven and flip it skin side up for another 2-3 minutes. The skin should char nicely and turn crispy.
Finnish off your perfectly cooked Tuna collar with a squeeze of lemon and a side of grated radish and ponzu sauce.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our Produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Kyushu Product 👍