Hokkaido Dashi Kombu, Japanese Seaweed Kelp – 1kg (Long Format)
Japanese Seaweed Kelp (For Soup Stock) – 1kg 北海道産 だし昆布
Our Kombu is specially picked along the coasts of south Hokkaido and processed carefully to make sure each piece of kombu can bring out the most flavor possible. Kombu is the base to making a dashi stock which is then the base of many Japanese home cooked dishes such as miso soup, ramen soup, hot pot and many more!
Our Kombu comes in an easy to use 100g pack and is perfect for home usage, kombu is extremely flavorful when placed in a pot of boiling water together with Hanakatsuo Bonito flakes. Glutamic acid found in kelp enhances the flavor of ingredients and soups as it is the source of “Umami”
The steps are simple:
- Place 100g of Kombu for every 1 liter of water into a pot
- Place the pot on the stove and turn on a gentle/small flame/low heat
- Let the kombu simmer in the pot and try not to bring it to a boil
- after 1 hour it is ready!
- Add in bonito flakes and other condiments to your liking to add taste and flavor
Most recommended for soups, stock, pasta.
- Texture: flaky and crisp
- Taste: Briny and taste of the sea
- Color: Dark green with a good shine
- Weight: 1kg
- Storage: Stored in a dry and cool area
* Kindly note that packaging might vary depending on the auction results in the mornings.
For restaurant, wholesale, private dining and other inquiries, kindly contact us directly at Contact@shiki.sg.