Hanakatsuo Restaurant Grade Bonito Flakes 500g
Hanakatsuo or Katsuobushi is dried and fermented smoked Tuna shavings. These tuna are caught off the shores of Japan, processed into blocks and dried until there is no more water content left in them. Once each block of tuna reaches its driest stage, it is then manually shaved into paper thin pieces and ready to be put on top hot rice or a nice bowl or noodles. Bonito flakes are also very commonly used in restaurants to season dishes and soups.
- Texture: Firm
- Taste: Salty & briny
- Colour: Borwn and reddish
- Weight: 500g
- Storage: Stored in a dry and cool area
Bonito flakes is Best Eaten with:
- Sushi Rice
- Pasta and Somen
- In soups and other broths
- With a cup of Shiki SG Sake or Shochu!
* Kindly note that packaging might vary depending on the auction results in the mornings.
For restaurant, wholesale, private dining and other inquiries, kindly contact us directly at Contact@shiki.sg.