Black Cod Fillet 250g (Frozen)
Our black cod fillet is caught and shipped from the USA, each cod is processed deboned and skillfully packed for immediate use. They are fond in the deepest depths of Alaska in the coldest waters far north, they are full of omega-3 content and are super healthy.
Black cod is also known as sable fish or butterfish, because of its high fat content, black cod have a unique silky and buttery texture. It is savory, creamy and rich in flavor. Black cod is also very light and delicate, it is because of this that black cod is renowned all over the world and used in many high end restaurants.
Black cod is best served grilled, pan seared or baked with high heat to make the skin nice and crispy. It is a fish that even the most picky of eaters will appreciate, they will surely be coming back for more! Black cod has a pearly white color that turns clear white when cooked. Because of its high fat content, black cod is also not difficult to cook.
- Texture: ultra soft and melts in your mouth;
- Taste: Savory and full of umami
- Color: white and shiny
- Weight: 1-1.2kg
- Recommended: BBQ, pan fried, baked or grilled.
Black Cod IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- lightly salted and grilled or oven baked;
- paired with rice or on its own with some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
To Defrost / To Store your Hamachi Collar
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness;
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted;
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.