Amadai Red Tilefish Fillet (Scales On) 500-700g
Ama-dai, or red tilefish, live in the waters off the coasts of Kyushu and Kyoto. they have a unique square shaped head and beautiful peacock colored scales.
This fish recently became popular when it started being featured on the menus of numerous Michelin restaurants. Known for its amazingly soft/buttery meat and edible scales, this is one fish any chef or home cook would love to have! The scales of the Ama Dai flake up once bathed in hot oil and are a treat to have. The scales give an extra level of texture that many discerning chefs look for in a fish.
- Texture: soft and buttery; Scaled are light and crunchy
- Taste: Clean with a slight sea salty tang;
- Colour: pinkish-white and almost translucent;
- Weight: ~250-300g x 2
- Recommended: Grilled, Fried or pan fried SCALES ON, the amadai scales can be deep fried and eaten.
To Defrost / To Store your Amadai Red Tilefish Fillet
- Each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness;
- Leave in the fridge for 24 hours OR
- Leave under running water for 30min
- Do Not re-freeze after it has thawed and defrosted;
- Once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.
Japanese Amadai Cooking Steps
Simply panfry, Broil, grill or bake the amadai fillets with their skin ON with a knob of butter or some olive oil. The scales should flake up and become a nice golden brown. Season well with salt and pepper !
For wholesale enquiries, private dining and other questions, kindly contact us directly at email@example.com.