Aji no Himono (horse mackerel, butterfly cut) – Frozen, for BBQ & Grilling
Aji is one of the most used fishes in the Japanese world. It is extremely tasty and oily and is commonly used in many izakayas and ryokans, where it is served during breakfast and lunch where it is paired with pipping hot rice or porridge.
Its flavour comes from the abundant produce it eats in the Japanese seas. Aji is easy to eat and even easier to prepare.
- Taste: rich in flavour and sightly salty;
- Texture: buttery and melts in your mouth;
- Weight of product: ~200g (~100g per fish)
- Prep: lightly grilled, pan fried or oven baked for a few minutes after defrosting; and
- Specification: salted & already butterfly cut for easy cooking.
IS BEST EATEN WITH/AS:
- pipping hot Japanese rice;
- with soy and wasabi;
- chirashi don, sliced into smaller pieces; and/or
- on the BBQ with some lemon
To Defrost / To Store
- each item is IQF frozen to ensure the utmost freshness;
- leave in the fridge for 24 hours; OR
- leave under running water for 30min;
- DO NOT re-freeze after thawed and defrosted; and
- once defrosted, keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
*Note: Packaging is subject to supply and demand. Our produce will always be top grade and quality controlled by Shiki specialists. Guaranteed Kyushu Product 👍